Sunday, November 25, 2007

Close call!

I've given a few keynote speeches over the years and this year is no different: as well as YR-SOC earlier this year, I'm also giving the keynote at DOA 2007 in the Algarve. As usual I left writing the speech until the last minute (yesterday) and thought I'd done pretty well. Until, that is, I checked what I'd told the organisers several months ago that I would be speaking on: not quite what I'd gone and written about! I have no idea what caused me to think I was speaking on A when in fact it was Z, but hey, at least I checked before I stood up to talk! So it's back to the drawing board.

I'm here until Thursday, so I should be able to watch Don's keynote. We caught up at HPTS only a few weeks ago, but it's a relatively small community we live in so I'm no longer surprised at the number of times I meet friends/colleagues from the other side of the world.

No comments: