Sunday, July 26, 2009

Facebook

I don't use Facebook or any social networking site, but I know people who do, including my wife. So I was surprised and annoyed when I heard via Savas that "Facebook has agreed to let third party advertisers use your posted pictures without your permission. Click on SETTINGS up at the top where you see the log out link. Select PRIVACY. Then select NEWS FEEDS AND WALL. Next select the tab that reads FACE BOOK ADS. There is a drop down box, select NO ONE. Then SAVE your changes. Please repost!"

I'm doing more and more work with "the cloud" (whatever that means!) and it's things like this (security, identity, trust) that concern me. Maybe when I finalize my opinions around this and other aspects I'll write something up. For now beware. And if you're on Facebook maybe you should change your setting?

No comments: