Monday, March 15, 2010

Dr Professor or Professor Dr?

Since I officially left The University I've been a Research Fellow (I was in my late 20's when the photo was taken), along with Stuart. The role involves a range of things such as being on PhD thesis committees, helping with research, co-authoring papers etc. It's something from which I've received a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction, and I think it's an important counterpoint to my normal day job.

It's a position that I think is a privilege. So you can imagine how I felt today when they made me a Professor! Despite the number of years I spent at The University it's a position I never thought I'd achieve, particularly after I left to pursue a career path through the likes of Arjuna (x2), Bluestone, HP, JBoss and Red Hat. I definitely need to thank Santosh, who over the past 20+ years has been my boss, colleague and friend. He's also epitomised for me what it means to be a Professor, something which I think has positively impacted who I am to this day.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

gratz! :)

+3ti said...

Mark,
congratulations!

I do not know anyone that deserves that better than you!!

oisin said...

Congratulations Mark! Were I to be made a professor, I would insist on wearing robes at all times.

goldmann said...

Wow, great news, congrats!

Bruno Georges said...

Congratulations Mark!

Mark Little said...

Thanks everyone. And no, Oisin, I won't be wearing a gown or robes. I may go with the hat that has frills and tassels though ;-)

Manik Surtani said...

Congrats, Mark!

Tom Jenkinson said...

Congratulations Professor!

Anil Saldanha said...

Congratulations, Mark. Very well deserved.

David Ward said...

Congrats, Mark. :)

J. said...

Congratulations « Monsieur », as we say in France when achieving this level.

Francisco Reverbel said...

Hi Mark,

Congratulations!!!