Sunday, May 15, 2011

A worrying lack of physics!

Half of my undergraduate degree was spent in advanced physics, including astronomy, astrophysics and high-energe particle physics. I loved all of those subjects and they continue to influence me today. Despite moving from academia to various companies, I've stayed pretty close to the University, so it's with great sadness that I've witnessed the collapse of subjects such as physics within it over the past few years.

Therefore, it's even more worrying to read articles such as this. People who don't really understand the importance of science are making judgements about its future without seeking the right level of consultancy, or listening to what they are being told. But then what's new? Maybe they'll understand history more?

No comments: