Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blogging versus tweeting?

A few years ago when I was thinking about creating a twitter account I pondered about whether it was worth doing when I was blogging. I didn't think I'd use it much! Since creating the account I've been drawn into twitter more and more, so that today I'm finding the roles reversed: blogging is becoming less frequent whilst tweeting is increasing for me.

I think the reason why is pretty obvious: it is so much easier and quicker to tweet than to write a blog. But there are obvious limits in what you can say with 140 characters, so it's not an either/or situation for me. And yet as a result of using twitter I'm finding myself thinking less and less about blogging. That bit I don't quite understand. Now maybe it has nothing to do with my use of twitter; maybe I'd be blogging less regardless of it because of work, family life etc. Who knows? But I do know I find it interesting how twitter has insinuated itself with my life so quickly and seamlessly.

No comments: