Friday, February 22, 2013

Updating vert.x examples on the Pi

As I mentioned earlier, I've been repeating earlier experiments around running vert.x on a 256 Meg model B Raspberry Pi. I was working through all of the Java examples and didn't have time to go through them all again. But here's an update on the rest.

For a start, I should Fanout Server works, but again you may need to install a telnet client on your Pi, or run remotely. However, the HTTPS example failed (on Safar, Chrome and Firefox) and I remember this happened in December when I first did this work. I reported the problem to Tim and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this eventually:



The Proxy example works too, but you need to remember that the Pi isn't an i7 multicore laptop, so just be patient:

PubSub is another example that often requires a little patience before trying to telnet, but the results are worth it:

The Upload example is relatively simple:

Route Match works too, but remember that the text in the example is wrong and the actual directory is route_match and not routematch!
Make sure you have your CLASSPATH set correctly before running the Resource Load example:

And I think that's it. As I mentioned before, if you have any problems reproducing any of this then let me know and I'm happy to try to help.









No comments: