Sunday, August 16, 2026

HPTS 2026

There's a workshop I've been attending since the late 80s called HPTS. Great event and great people. By invitation only and one of the reasons is the people who attend typically come and discuss things off the record which eventually become influential in our wider industry. For example, I learned about cloud here before it was even a thing!

It's an event which happens only once every two years. For the past 20 years I helped organize it but I passed that baton at the last event in 2024. I got invited to present at this year's event and had booked up. However, "due to circumstances beyond my control" (if you know, you know) I've had to cancel. Such a shame but this is something many of my team are having to go through and I can't ask more of them than I'm prepared to do myself. This will be the first time in over 3 decades that I haven't been to HPTS. I wish all attendees the best and hope it goes off without a hitch! Maybe I'll see you in 2028. 

No comments: