Sunday, March 20, 2011

True Grit

I remember vividly the first time I saw True Grit: I was 7 years old and on a family holiday and my father and I snuck off to watch it. I loved it then and I continue to love it whenever I watch it. So it was with some apprehension that I heard they were making another movie. I still haven't seen it but I probably will eventually.

However, it was while I was reading about the new movie that I realised I'd not actually read the book. I did some research about it and kept hearing how good it was. When I saw some reviewers likening it to one of my favourite books of all time (To Kill A Mockinbird), I knew I had to give it a go. Well I'm almost finished the book and I have to admit it is definitely up there as a classic. If the new movie is as good, then I think it'll be worth a viewing. Though it'll have to go some to displace the original movie in my heart!

No comments: